So i noticed some stuff as a linux user:
-The linux download for the 1.8.5 version is broken. The .zip file is smaller in comparison (131MB compared to 390) and it wont unzip on anything. I ran zipinfo on it, which reported that the end-of-central-directory signature seemed to be missing. This indicates that the file was probably only uploaded halfway through.
-The linux demo zip is also broken, but in a different way. I installed the font file like the readme told me to, but to no avail: I got a Failed to load GameFont error.
Luckily, i was able to find a remedy that could potentially eliminate the requirement to install the font file to begin with:
- Go into the game folder.
- Navigate to www/fonts
- Find the file named 8BitOperatorPlus-Regular.ttf
- Rename it to 8bitoperatorplus-regular.ttf (without the capital letters)
- Restart the game if it's open
I came up with this workaround as i was fiddling around with the game files trying to fix the problem and saw that the gamefont.css file in the www/fonts folder contained the line:
and that the font file's name didn't match the name in that string.
I don't know if the comments section is the right place for a bug report but i'll post it here regardless so others can see the workaround.